Unless caring for a newly established lawn, allow your lawn to go dormant during, hot dry times.
Job Description – Associate Landscape Designer
Ginkgo Leaf Studio, an award-winning landscape design firm in Cedarburg, WI, has an opening for a landscape designer/horticulturist to help streamline our current design process. Applicant's primary responsibility will be to support Design Principal James Drzewiecki, as well as providing design input on all projects. As it is a team environment, some office/admin work is to be expected. While we understand the applicant's skills may not include all the qualifications we are seeking, a willingness and desire to learn is essential.
The ideal candidate will be:
• Engaging and artistic with strong graphic skills
• Passionate about design and plants
• Creative while ensuring designs are completed professionally, within budget and on time
• Always looking for ways to incorporate new ideas into designs
• Up-to-date on new plant introductions and abreast of the latest technology
Experience with site analysis, concept design, production of construction documents, project presentation graphics and construction administration is ideal. AutoCAD experience is preferred, but we are willing to train the right candidate.
• Assisting with processing of incoming leads
• Setting up and/or facilitating consultation meetings with potential clients
• Field measuring and site photography
• Base plan drafting in CAD
• Hand color rendering of conceptual designs
• Cost estimate take offs
• Preparation of finished design in CAD, plant portfolios and digital imagery
• Participate in client presentations when appropriate
• Working responsibly alongside the Design Principal in creating designs and meeting client demands
• Designing to Ginkgo Leaf Studio's standards while matching client's wants, needs, tastes and budget
• Communicating with clients, vendors and contractors courteously and promptly
• Working with contractors during install to ensure clear implementation of design is carried out
• Assistance with marketing and social media
This is an awesome opportunity for a new (or experienced) designer that is looking to gain experience and build his/her portfolio or to find a creative home. Although the job will have an emphasis on support duties initially, hired applicant will be encouraged to grow into a full time designer position with our firm if desired. The right individual will have the opportunity to directly impact the success of our growing design studio.
This is a full-time position for a qualified candidate. Salary is commensurate with experience. Part-time availability may be considered.
• A degree in Landscape Design/Architecture or Horticulture is preferred, but substantial real world experience in the landscape design industry will be considered
• Proficient with computer software programs including AutoCAD and MS Office Suite
• Knowledge of Zone 3-5 plants, natives and sustainable landscape practices
• Excellent design and presentation skills utilizing hand rendering techniques
• Good horticulture knowledge
• High-energy, creative, flexible, self-starter with a strong work ethic willing to work at a dynamic pace
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in order to meet project deadlines and client needs
• Organized and detail oriented
• Must have good problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Professional appearance and attitude
• Friendly and engaging personality
Pros of working for Ginkgo Leaf Studio (vs. design/build):
• You are a designer and can focus on creating great designs.
• You are not a salesperson; you will have no individual sales goal.
• You won't be required to make cold calls or fight for new clients who call in.
• You are not responsible for formally bidding projects, nor are you responsible for the project's P/L.
• You are not responsible for getting your project scheduled with a crew or ordering and coordinating delivery of materials for your project.
• You are not responsible for keeping crews busy.
• You will hand render conceptual plans for every project.
• You will visit most projects on a regular basis for project supervision.
• You will do plant layout on most projects.
• You will get to be creative and have fun.
Please be prepared to show examples of past landscape design work or experiences.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
James M. Drzewiecki, Assoc. AIA
Ginkgo Leaf Studio, LLC
W63 N672 Washington Ave., Cedarburg, WI 53012
262-376-5050 • www.ginkgoleafstudio.net • https://www.houzz.com/pro/ginkgoleafstudio
Ginkgo Leaf Studio is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
<<-- Back to Employment Available Email to a friend